Continuing Professional Competency (CPC)
Maryland Board for Professional Land Surveyors
The law requires that all licensed Professional Land Surveyors and Property Line Surveyors comply with continuing professional competency (CPC) requirements as a prerequisite to their license renewal.
- Licensees are required to obtain 24 Continuing Professional Competency credits to renew their licenses.
- At least 16 CPC credits must be in Category A programs; no more than 8 may be in Category B programs.
- All 24 may be in Category A programs.
- A maximum of 12 CPC units earned in excess of the 24 CPC units required for a license renewal may be carried forward.
- An amendment to COMAR 09.13.08 became effective on February 9, 2009 requiring that every other licensing term, all licensees are required to complete six hours of CPC in Category A programs related to Maryland Law and Ethics or Minimum Standards of Practice.
- Licensees renewing for the first time after receiving their initial license are exempt.
To review the details of the requirements: Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR)
Pre-Approved Providers of CPCThe Maryland Board of Land Surveyors pre-approves course providers, NOT individual courses. Approved providers.